The best time to start is now.
Let me tell you a true story, paul...
A few weeks ago, I received an inspiring letter from an ambitious 14-year-old girl from Switzerland.
Nazik was raised in a middle class family and decided to pursue gymnastics as a child, but she did not pass the test required to study at the gymnasium.
When she was 11, she met a wealthy daughter of an independent businessman from Kyrgyzstan who had her nose buried in books about business and entrepreneurship. From then on, Nazik’s new goal was to do an apprenticeship as a businesswoman.
She found herself also buried in books, including a few of mine. With diligence and determination, she managed to work her way to an apprenticeship at a major financial consulting company this summer as well as a trip to San Diego with her class this month.
Last month, I opened a heartfelt letter from her about her story and how she found my book, “No Excuses!” at the right time in her life. She asked for the chance to meet with me, and I was so inspired by her motivation, I invited her to come to my office.
Last week, I had the honor of meeting with Nazik for an hour and it was so wonderful to see such a bright, young individual taking action towards her future, and taking charge of her goals.
Spring is a time for renewal and growth. So this is a perfect time to follow Nazik's example and invest in your continuous growth to blossom into the person you want to be...
I want to leave you with an action exercise to complete this weekend:
Create your personal growth plan for this spring on a piece of paper, a Word document, or a note on your phoneList out goals you plan to accomplish this season and break them down into smaller tasks if neededSet deadlines for your goals (and stick to them)
That’s all from me this week and remember:
"It’s never too late or too early to start. But the best time to start is now."
To your success,
No comments:
Post a Comment