Tuesday, March 24th, 2015.
I’m sure you remember the song ‘life, oh life’, makes a lot of sense you know! Sometimes, instead of saying, ‘oh, how time flies’, say; ‘oh, how life flies’. I’m beginning to feel the reason why so many people don’t act on time or make very important decisions when they should is because of the choice of words they use for certain phenomenon, and the individualistic associative meanings they attach to them: one of such phenomenon is ‘Time’.
Your vocabularies impacts very profoundly on your emotions and determine your decisions. For instance, if you learn to use the word ‘rest’ over ‘tired’, e.g, I need some rest, instead of, I’m very tired; It will make a whole lot of difference on your psychology and mental attitude.
Yes, one word can mean different things to different people, but, we all know the difference between user-friendly words and user-unfriendly words.
So many people’s attitude towards time will change and they’ll begin to make the right decisions/choices, make timely tangible progress, and change their lives ultimately if they associate the meaning ‘life’ to the word ‘time’.
When you sit down in front of a TV to watch a very brain draining programme especially at prime time and you remember it’s life you’re about to waste and not just time(because there is life in every time), you’ll make some useful adjustments. It might be difficult the first time, especially if you love TV like I used to, but when you inculcate it into your thought life, you’ll make the shift in no time.
Action Exercise: Start investing Time, don't waste it.
No comments:
Post a Comment