2 Minutes Business Article
Title: Think Like the CEO (2)
“Success is the fruit, the tree is the process, principles and values are the roots.” ~ Paulvan
While running a part time course in Yaba College Of Technology, Lagos, in 2006, I served under four Bosses who occupied four different offices in the same building and did different businesses. One was a Lawyer, two were consultants, and the other a graphic artist/publisher. It wasn't funny at all!
I was in school, but my work was another school for me. It was a real learning curve. I'd share some of the lessons I learnt when the need comes knocking. But for the purpose of this article, I'll share the relevant one.
I learnt to think like a CEO while working under these four bosses. I also had to learn what each of them wanted, and tried my best to do as much as I could for them. Though, only one payed me, the others gave me tips as I chose to serve them voluntarily.
I was a secretary and a cashier to my real boss. And, though he was the only one who payed me, I did less work for him compared to the others as he only came weekends. For a pretty long time, the Other bosses didn't border getting secretaries because I was meeting their major needs.
Why was I able to do that?
Qualities You Need To Help You Think Like The CEO:
1. Self Discovery/Purpose: The number one quality you need to be able to think like the CEO whether you already have your own business or not is to know who you are and where you are going in life. Though, my work then was often stressful, I was able to cope because I had a very strong sense of purpose and already knew where I'm going in life.
2. Security: When you know purpose, it's easy to feel secured and be confident in your ability to deliver on the Job, or whatever product or service you render as the owner of the business.
3. Think Oversize thoughts: Most employees can't really help their bosses beyond their job description because they think their level all the time, they don't try to wear the CEO's thinking cap. And most CEO's don't change level as they ought to because they think below their capacity.
As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he; not so he shall become. You are already what you're thinking if you don't stop thinking it.
PLConsulting...
BB: 265A987A
@Paulvanplc
www.leadership-plc.blogspot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment