Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Think Like Your Staff (Lesson's From Kenneth Blanchard)

2 Minutes Business Article 

Title: Think Like Your Staff (Lesson's from Kenneth Blanchard)

“In Life, the greatest Investments you'll ever make will not be made in stocks, real estate or in your personal business but in people.” ~ Paulvan

By now you may be asking, how many professionals does this writer wants me to learn to think like to become the best entrepreneur? 
Let me ask you too; how many course modules did you do in school? In fact, I'm pretty sure many of us, while in school felt like we didn't need some of those courses. But, the truth is, we did.  

By privilege, I have worked with a number of great business people. Amongst all of them, those whose businesses thrived better are the one's who understood the truth I'm communicating here. They were able to save so much simply by offering themselves services that the professionals would have been payed for. 
I understand that this Idea works better for young and struggling businesses than the multinationals. Why throw away the money you should invest into your business? 

Thinking like your staff is also part of thinking like the professionals, since most employees are professionals at what they do and most are even better than their employers. Employers, please, Don't take this personal. But, it's simply true. And I think one of the things that makes you a great employer is your ability to hire and retain highly competent people like Bill Gates.

In 'The One Minute Manager' Kenneth Blanchard with Spencer Johnson communicated very trivial but profound truth on how to productively manage employees. And, in my opinion, they are some of the best ways to think like your staff. 

The Basic Ideas in the book are;  

1. One Minute Projects

2. One Minute Compliments

3. One Minutes Corrections

We will explore each one tomorrow. 

PLConsulting...

BB: 265A987A
@Paulvanplc
www.leadership-plc.blogspot.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment