Friday, September 26, 2014

The Entrepreneur ( What will cause your own revolution?)



2 Minutes Business Article


Title: The Entrepreneur ( What will cause your own revolution? )


Entrepreneurs are the Saviours of the world. ~ Paulvan


Many years ago, an American professor referred to entrepreneurship as “the silent revolution.” This was when the transition from the Industrial to the knowledge worker age became very imperative.

Now, what's a revolution? Maybe I should highlight what a revolution is not first: A revolution is not an Idea, eventhough an Idea can cause a revolution. A revolution is not a dream or ambition, though the two can lead to a revolution. It is also not a sudden change that is effected for immediate gratification.

A revolution is the total turn around of a mundane situation into an adventure that leads to lifetime profiting.

I heard of a man in Oyo State, Nigeria. Who when he hires drivers, gives them a maximum of 2years to start their own business. If after 2years they don't, he fires them.

Imagine if most business owners adopts that approach! We would have less unemployment problems, don't you think so?

Recently, I and a couple of friends drove by the structure of a very big name in the oil industry - when I saw the massive office structure, though I had seen it several times, but, this time, something came to mind, and I told my friends; do you know that structure you're seeing has eaten up many great destinies? buried in there are powerful visions that were never realised, and dreams that never saw the light of destiny.
People who if they had dared to go and start something, would have built businesses bigger than the Oil firm they work in, but can't because they are 'comfortable.'

“The biggest enemy of your greatness zone is your comfort zone.” ~ Paulvan

Retrenchment/downsizing doesn't work for a lot of people as after that, next thing is, they are out looking for the next Job.


What will bring out the entrepreneur in you?




PLConsulting...

BB: 265A987A
@Paulvanplc
www.leadership-plc.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment