Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The Poor Millonaire 

2 Minutes Business Article

Title: The Poor Millonaire

In life, it's not who you know or what you have that makes you, it's what you know and use rightly.

Many years ago I met through a friend the son of a late prominent politician in my country. They had everything, major thriving businesses etc. But, today, non of those big names are around. If I mention just one, you'll remember quickly.

Back then, I would go to his office to pass time and make many free distant calls.(I was yet to come to terms experiencially with the power of relationship and consistent learning), maybe I would have had first-hand Insight to why those companies failed.

My Observation;

Chance;

A good man leaveth an Inheritance for his children children, but, these days good children don't wait for the Inheritance of their father. I'm sure many have heard the story of Mr Tonye Cole of Sahara Energy, how his father refused to support him at a point in his when he needed him most, and he decided to go into clothing business as his first business. Today, anyone who doesn't know Sahara Energy is probably from pluto.

If all the inheritance any good man leaves for his children is money and material assets, then, he hasn't done a balanced Job. The most Important part of the Inheritance a good father must leave for his children are the Values and principles that will help them preserve and multiply the material Inheritance.

A child who becomes a millonaire by chance or Inheritance without the right values is a poor millonaire. Teach your children to choose what they love and love what they choose. And then, help them learn to build and manage businesses in these areas, else, your name/assets and businesses might not survive after you are gone. That's a hard reality.      


Action Step: Start Preparing your children for the future by instilling in them the right values.


PLConsulting...

BB: 265A987A
@Paulvanplc
www.leadership-plc.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment