Friday, January 30, 2015

2 Minutes Business Article. Title: Leaders Are 'Big Goals' Oriented 

Friday, January 30th, 2015.


In the year 1960, American President J.F. Kennedy called together scientists and engineers, and gave them a task which appeared impossible when he said it; Get an American on the moon in the next ten years. This was a task no country or individual had done. The engineers and scientist were given a mandate without the template to accomplish it. The president simply promised them the government would provide whatever they'll need.
Astonishingly, these great minds beat the given target by one year and landed an American in the moon by the year 1969.

Setting goals begin small. Its easier to accomplish bigger goals if you've accomplished smaller once before. Experience is always the best tutor. But, I respect people who attempt very big audacious goals without any small goal accomplishing experience. I do that, and the experience is always refreshing and rewarding. The first business training I organised was held in a facility that only top consultants used. Knowing me back then, that I didn't look like one who could use a facility like that, the facilitators couldn't hide there remark as they said; 'that was a big start'.

The reward: that experience built capacity in me for bigger things. I'm sure most of the American engineers and scientists weren't sure they could land someone on the moon, but went on to accomplish even bigger things after that experience.

Secondly, I became a consultant for free for the people who attended the business seminar, and had the privilege of helping some of them rebrand their businesses, through which they started getting bigger business opportunities. Some of them even started doing business with multinationals.

No one truly begins to lead until they can set and accomplish impossible goals for themselves and others.


Action Plan: Don't think of how, set big goals.


PLConsulting...

BB: 265A987A
@Paulvanplc
www.leadership-plc.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment