Building sustainable businesses through strict adherence to best practice and systemizing them for continuous relevance and Profiting In the marketplace.
Wednesday, January 7, 2015
2 Minutes Business Article . Title: The Greatest Responsibility
“In the loss of skill, we lose stewardship; in loosing stewardship we lose fellowship; we become outcasts from the great neighbourhood of creation. It is possible, as our experience in this great world has shown, to exile ourselves from creation, and to ally ourselves with the principle of destruction – which is, ultimately, the principle of nonentity. It is to be willing in general for being to not-be. And once we have allied ourselves with that principle, we are foolish to think we can control the result.” ~ Wendell Berry
Why are you in business? I wish I could hear your answer! I also wish I could answer for you, but I barely know you! From my experience in consulting for small business people, I have found out they want to hear every other thing that will enhance their business profitability except the advice on giving. Each time I mentioned the need to give back a portion of their business profit, they frown at it. I could sense under their breath something like, ‘why should I give away part of my hard earned money?’, and, like seriously, I have also found out people who use that phrase ‘hard earned money’, usually experience it, by working very hard only to earn very little.(This is just by the way).
People frown at the principle of giving back both in business and in real life because the average human being is self-centred. We rarely think of others until we have satisfied ourselves. And we take the same attitude into almost everything we do including business. Business is an Organism, and one of its life blood is giving. Remove excretion from the characteristics of living things (acronym = MR NIGER D) and every other thing will equals ‘DEATH’.
Mother Teresa was one of the richest woman who ever lived. Its okay to call that an irony! When she was just a child, her mother said to her, ‘my child, don’t eat a single mouthful until you are sharing with others’. My point is; anyone who gives his/her life for humanity has given all. Mother Teresa gave all; what are you giving? what is your business giving?
Action Step: Beyond business, make giving a habit.
PLConsulting…
BB:265A987A
@Paulvanplc
www.leadership-plc.blogspot.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment