2 Minutes Business Article
Title: Don’t Stare, STIR!
At a powerful seminar in Lagos, a few years back, with Fela Durotoye(FD), Kunle Soriyan, Remi Dairo etc, a ‘fired up’ young man went to meet FD after the seminar and said to him, 'sir, I have been longing to meet you for a very long time, Please sir, I want to be your protégé, please, mentor me'. I was close by, so, was listening. Immediately I heard that, because of my understanding of little things about mentorship back then, thinking aloud, I already said to myself, this guy is making a big mistake. I already felt his embarrassment before it came. ‘Sorry, we don’t call it embarrassment in leadership, we call it lesson’.
He was going to start telling FD about his vision, but FD didn’t have the time, so FD said to him, that vision you have, go and develop it so powerfully, and start affecting lives so much so that I ‘FD’ will want to meet you myself. From where I was, I took a deep breath, and said wow! Thanks to fate, that I had already learnt the little but powerful lesson, that, you don’t go to meet with great people when you don’t have anything to offer them, because I also felt tempted to meet him myself.
I just hoped instead of feeling embarrassed, the young man learnt his lesson as I watched him walked out of the hall disappointed. It was obvious he didnt know the story of Toyosi Akerele of ‘Rise, Nigeria Youth Network’, how she served and learnt under Fela Durotoye.
Whatever you are going to make happen in your life, you are going to be very actively involved. Nobody can make happen for you the things you so desire without your 50,60,70,80,90, and sometimes, 95% participation. Most times, we do a bulk of the work you know! You are in control of the steering wheel of your vision vehicle, and the control buttons are right in your hands. You simply determine the direction your life goes.
PLConsulting…
BB:265A987A
@Paulvan
www.leadership-plc.blogspot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment